Tuesday, April 6, 2010

May I just express....

My frustration at the complete paradox of the credit report and score. I have recently checked my credit score to find that it was satisfactory to me and that I haven't done any major damage to myself by going into debt, something that we have been taught. DON'T GO INTO DEBT!!! ok fine, so I don't. I pay my bills on time and I clearly, don't go into debt. However it is becoming more and more apparent that I need a half decent credit score so that one day I can buy a house or a nicer car, if the need arose. So I thought, Why not try to build a really solid credit score and report? We went to a class and we were told credit cards are a good idea to help build that-sadly- much needed credit score. So I have now applied for a loan, and at least 2 credit cards only to be told that "I have insufficient Credit history to allow them to approve" What the heck? How am I supposed to open an account open to build my credit if no one will approve me for one without me having one already open. It's upside down and why can't we just live in the times where you traded jam, milk and chickens to get what you need?

1 comment:

Shawn and Mish said...

Been there. It's frustrating for sure. I ended up getting a credit card with CapitalOne with a ridiculous interest rate and $300 limit. Can't do much with that now, can ya? Never pay a penny of interest and hopefully have a little credit on that stupid report. Good luck getting into debt ;)